Metabolic Diet: Introduction1. The Metabolic diet will enable you to control carbohydrates and re-program the metabolism of your body so that you can get rid of body fat.
2. The three stages of the metabolic diet are: carbohydrate rehab, transitioning into eating healthy carbohydrates, and avoiding weight gain for the rest of your life.
3. When you are going through the above stages you are required to exercise for a period of thirty minutes every day 5 times per week. This will enable you to lose fat and maintain your muscles.
4. By exercising you will stimulate your muscles to burn calories, and this will stimulate your body to breakdown the fat to generate the energy required by the muscles.
5. Without working out, your brain will not be able to differentiate whether it is burning fat or muscle, and you may feel weak and tired even though you are only using your diet to lose weight.
Carbohydrate rehab1. In this stage you will cut most of the carbohydrates in your diet, this will help to bring your blood sugar to normal levels.
2. This stage lasts for a period of around eight weeks but you can increase the duration after seeking the advice of a medical practitioner.
3. By taking less carbohydrates you will shrink the fat cells in your body, rest your overworked liver and pancreas.
Transitioning into eating healthy carbohydrates1. During this stage you can eat whenever you feel hungry, but this has to be within your healthy portion sizes.
2. You can eat vegetables, healthy fats, and lean protein, but you will be avoiding any refined carbohydrates, processed food, and sugar.
3. During this stage you will be re-introducing healthy carbohydrates into your diet in the required amounts to encourage weight loss and fat burning.
4. During this stage you are required to take weight measurements and body measurements once a month.
5. You are required to limit your daily carbohydrate intake to between eleven and twenty grams per day.
6. You will then slowly introduce low impact carbohydrates to the stage one diet. This will help you in avoiding rapid weight gain.
7. There isn’t any limit to the time you can take in this stage, you can continue with this stage until you reach your desired weight.
Avoiding weight gain for the rest of your life1. This stage will enable you to avoid unnecessary weight gain after reaching your desired body weight.
2. In this stage your daily allotted carbohydrates consist of thirty to thirty five percent of your total calories.
3. You are also required to follow the following rules:
a) Eat a meal or snack after every five hours.
b) Drink sixty four ounces of water every day.
c) Increase your physical activity to at least thirty minutes 5 times per week.
d) Read the labels on foods and determine their carbohydrate content.
Advantages of the metabolic diet1. It encourages exercise and healthy eating.
2. It focuses on avoiding weight gain on a long term basis.
3. It emphasizes the eating of healthy carbohydrates instead of forcing you to stop eating carbohydrates completely.
4. It has been proven to work and is recommended by medical practitioners.
Conclusion1. The metabolic diet has enabled many people to lose weight in a healthy and safe way.
2. Exercise is a key component of the metabolic diet, but you do not have to spend long hours in the gym to see the results.
3. It is important to seek the guidance of a medical practitioner before you can start using any diet. If you have the EHIC, (European Health Insurance Card) you can get health services for free or at a reduced cost in the EEA countries. EHIC application is free.